Friday, November 20, 2009

Muse

Life has left me cold, battered, used and abused. I fought every day just to survive and when I thought I'd has enough and I had fallen to my breaking point and was ready to give up and wait death's embrace, I looked up and saw you smile at me, lighting up your entire face. Like my saving grace, an angel of mercy, the most beautiful presence I have ever laid my eyes upon. You stretched out your hand and lifted me up, into a better time in my life. I can't help but smile when I think of you. Your beauty and creativity push me to be a better person, if only so I can deserve to be in your presence. When all hope was gone and I was lost forever, there you were to pick me up and show me a better way. Your like my muse, my Aphrodite, my driving force. I pray that I can be at least half the person you deserve, and that you won't leave while I strive to make the other half follow suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment